Hamile, right, with his sister, Kelly, and his niece, Taliana, in front of their home.
When Hamile was 8 months old, he developed epidermolysis bullosa, a skin disorder in which the skin is fragile and can become easily damaged.
Through CFCA sponsorship, Hamile has been able to receive treatment and is now on track to living a carefree, happy life.
Graciela welcomes us to her humble home.
Graciela, her husband and their two girls live on top of a mountain in the beautiful countryside of Cali, Colombia.
It is quiet and peaceful in the rural area where they live.
Graciela’s two daughters, Viviana and Gloria, are sponsored through CFCA.
Eat your veggies! CFCA scholars in Cali, Colombia, decided to grow a vegetable garden to make an impact in their community.
Read more about how they got started
- CFCA awareness trip participant, Amber Hennessey, second from right, and Colombian friends near Cartagena, Colombia.
- Antioquia project coordinator, Monica Gomez Arias, and some of her favorite people in Medellin.
- Cristina and I had our picture taken with many of the mothers groups and hundreds of families in the CFCA community.
- 37 Salvadoran families received a fuel-efficient eco-stove through CFCA.
- CFCA Colombia (Medellin and Cartagena) 2013 trip participants.
- From left: Amber Hennesey and her new friends, Juliana and Angelly, two sponsored children in Medellin.
- CFCA Scholar, Alex Agudelo, with Bob and Cristina Hentzen.
“Bob’s notes” are reports from CFCA President Bob Hentzen, who regularly accompanies awareness trip participants. You can see Bob’s full update on his Facebook page.
And now, for your enjoyment, our top 10 stories about fathers! In no particular order.
From left: CFCA scholar, Yilber, helps sponsored children Daniela and Naye with their homework.
Yilber, a CFCA scholar in Colombia, helps tutor sponsored children as part of his service for the scholarship program. Harry Garcia, our communications liaison in Colombia, interviewed Yilber, who explained why education is so important to him and to others in his community.
Aura and her son Alexander, who is sponsored through the Hope for a Family program.
What do you get when you cross CFCA, a computer and a mother willing and ready to make a difference for her and her family?
Read more to find out!