- One team prepares soil to plant celery, lima beans and pumpkins at a work site with Milton, a CFCA scholar.
- Have you ever seen so many rabbits at one time? The teenagers visit a rabbit farm, which was started by Mario, a CFCA scholar.
- Milton’s parents give the group some souvenirs after their work.
- Another team works with Juan, a CFCA scholar, to prepare the soil to plant lima beans and pumpkin.
- Some of the teenagers plant celery.
- The teens prepare soil to plant celery, lima beans and pumpkins.
Education is a path out of poverty. Teenagers from Denver are helping make that path a little smoother for some of their peers in the CFCA Scholarship Program
this week in Guatemala.
The teens from the United States worked alongside Milton, a CFCA scholar, to prepare soil for planting celery, lima beans and pumpkins during a unique CFCA awareness trip.
The teens ended the day with a feeling of satisfaction knowing they helped out a new friend, and they left with some cool souvenirs — gifts from Milton’s parents.
Click here for more information on how to sponsor a youth or support scholarships for students.