“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?”
— Martin Luther King Jr.
Happy National Volunteer Week!
CFCA celebrates our volunteers and their commitment to helping the children, youth and aging friends all around the world.
Today, we highlight the energetic group of volunteers at our Kansas City office, who help us process more than 1 million letters a year!
Check out some of the amazing accomplishments of this group of people:
- In 2012, CFCA volunteers in Kansas City donated 8,343 hours of their time to help process letters from sponsored friends to their sponsors. This is equivalent to having four additional full-time staff members.
- CFCA volunteers handled about 1.37 million letters in 2012.
- Our volunteers range in age from teenagers to retirees in their 90s.
- We have a core team of 17 volunteers who come in regularly to the office. Others volunteer whenever their schedules allow.
- Our busiest times for volunteering include Christmastime, when we send almost 300,000 holiday cards from sponsored friends to sponsors!
Volunteering opportunities in our Kansas City office include:
- Processing letters from sponsored friends to sponsors.
- Helping sort and send CFCA-printed materials to sponsors.
- Labeling and/or processing mail for CFCA departments and working on creative projects, whenever possible.
For more information about volunteering for CFCA in our Kansas City office, please call (800) 875-6564 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays or email firstname.lastname@example.org.